Sunday, December 20, 2015

Spot

My Favorite Spot(s)

I have more than one favorite spot.  The first one that I thought of was in Wyoming.  We lived out in the 'country' on 5 acres.  At the back of our land there was a big, old tree.  I had to climb through the fence to get to it and it was kind of overrun so it was like a hide away.  I loved to go there and read away a summer afternoon.  


I have a few favorite spots now.  One is at the temple.  It is always so peaceful there and feels like home to me.  

Our Family Room.  Although there are a couple of things I would like to change, I love this room in our house  We spend most of our time together in this room; watching movies, playing games, talking, playing, going in and out of the back yard.  It is definitely a 'Family Room'.

Our Back Yard.  I love our back yard.  It is big, lots of shade in the summer (although that means lots of leaves to clean up in the fall!), kid friendly and we like to be out there.  

Canyon Park in Cedar City.  This park is my favorite park!  I can remember going to this park ever since I was a kid visiting my grandparents every summer.  We had to make it to the park at least once a visit for a picnic or just to play.  There is an east side and a west side of the park, divided by Coal Creek.  The two sides are like separate parks, there is no bridge to get across unless you go to the highway.  The west side is the one to go to.  The entrance is a little hidden, but it is well worth it.  There is a man-made stream that runs through the park and there are always kids (and adults) in the water in the summer.  You can look over Coal Creek and see the east side of the park, take the walking trail up the canyon (following the creek), play volleyball, have a BBQ or just enjoy the huge grassy areas.  I LOVE the Canyon Park!!


No comments: